Straetus Active Portfolio Management BV
trading as Straetus Capital is an independently operated partner of Straetus International BV, specialized in buying NPL’s. Straetus Capital outsources the collection work to the local Straetus franchise network.
- What is a Non Performing Loan
A non-performing loan (NPL) is a loan that is in default or close to being in default. Many loans become non-performing after being in default for 90 days, but this can depend on the contract terms.
“A loan is non-performing when payments of interest and principal are past due by 90 days or more, or at least 90 days of interest payments have been capitalized, refinanced or delayed by agreement, or payments are less than 90 days overdue, but there are other good reasons to doubt that payments will be made in full” (source: International Monetary Fund).
By bank regulatory definition non-performing loans consist of:
- other real estate owned which is taken by foreclosure or a deed in lieu of foreclosure,
- loans that are 90 days or more past due and still accruing interest, and
- loans which have been placed on nonaccrual (i.e., loans for which interest is no longer accrued and posted to the income statement).
Straetus Capital works together with banks from Romania and help them to clean their balance sheet, by taking over the NPL’s. The Straetus Franchise Network is responsible for the collection of the NPL.
- Are you representing a bank, and are you interested in selling your NPL to us?
- Are you an investor? Straetus Capital offers the possibility to invest via Bond loans. Investments possible from 50.000 EUR Please contact us today